silent assassin
Had a pretty good bowling game yesterday after work with officemates. 4 lanes all reserved for us in Chelsea Piers. A pretty good turnout. At least 25 of us came from the immediate team, plus the president of the agency even joined us to strike some pins. Chicken wings and nuggets, jalapeno poppers, onion rings, zucchini sticks, pitchers of beer and soda, bottles of wine were all over the place. Too bad though all I chose to drink was the soda (trying to stay as hydrated as I could in time for Sunday’s big bike ride, suchaloser.) I did bowl a great first game though—topscored with an unprecedented in Jason history 174 (well, I had to live up to the silent assassin moniker they gave me pre-game somehow). It was all downhill the second game though. Scored a lousy 80 ha… and the account team beat the hell out of everyone. Overall, had a great time. It was great to see everyone outside the office setting enjoying each other’s company (was that the ever-quiet Jason joining the throwing of high-fives to everyone)... Up next in the near future, company billiards. Now that I’m not quite sure of… Pretty certain the assassin in silent assassin might not show up for that one. Ha…
Speaking of silent assassin, I couldn’t sleep last night. The rush of ideas were just keeping me up and killin me. Felt very inspired by the movie, peace one day, which I saw the other day in NYU. All sorts of ideas on how I could help implement the day of peace and ceasefire in the Philippines on September 21st just kept on coming. Biggest lead so far is that I’ve gotten the home address of the presidential adviser to peace process, Teresita Quintos-deles (of course it helps that the daughter’s a friend and in my yahoo messenger, thanks laila). Will be arranging for a mailing of a copy of the film to their place next and then take it from there. The big hope is that on September 21st of each year, no guns will be fired, no lives will be shed as mandated by the UN. Wouldn’t that be great, especially for the Philippines where September 21st is commonly viewed negatively for that stupid declaration of Martial Law years back. Anyway, will keep you posted on how things go in that end. Have gotten pretty good feedback among friends so far. Just let me know if you’d like to be part of the celebration. In the meantime, do download the film trailer for an idea of what’s been causing me to lose sleep of late. Might take a while downloading though coz of the file size but it’s worth the wait: download the trailer here.
For now, enough of this change the world crap and blog writing. Back to reality. Corporate America calls. I’ve got a few jobs sitting here beside me which I can’t ignore…
---
Paper exhibit at the art director’s club tonight and then free tribeca film screening after so I’m pretty excited. Will let you know how those go.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home