Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet—where my heart is
Got some downtime now here in the office so let me share a quick bit of insignificant good news (Don’t tell HR I’m blogging coz you’re wasting your time. She’s out of the office. HA! hay parang bata).
An officemate of mine, Julia, forwarded a link to an upcoming “advertising creatives” event this evening. Always up for anything with free food and booze and a chance to hobnob with good people in the industry (and a little convincing from Julia), I decided to register for the event.
Part of the registration process was filling in a piece of line with an answer to the question “Where is your heart?” Thought of something creative. Killed it. Then thought of something else. Keyed it in. Submitted my request to be registered… Few minutes later I get a call from a certain Jaffe—confirming the receipt of my invite request AND towards the end of the conversation telling me to make sure I’m there coz apparently I’m one of the finalists to the contest for the "creative freshness" of where my heart is... Coolness, I just hope they got tons of consolation prizes just in case I don’t win it all. HA!
But anyway, realized after the phone call that the Jaffe I’d spoken with is actually one of the keynote speakers to the event later. Author of Life After the 30-Second Spot and president of his own company. Oh well, time for some networking schnetworking.
But really not too keen about it. Next move is to Europe. At least, hopefully. Got the great news this morning that a good friend of mine just got hired by hotshop 180 Amsterdam so that might be a window right there. We’ll see; but, first things first. I hope I win tonight’s contest.
Hello new Ipod. Or free coffee mug.

2 Comments:
hehe ang cute ng contest. sana i-upload nila sa website yung mga sagot. it would make for an interesting read, i think - finding out where the hearts of new yorkers are.
congrats sa pagiging finalist. ang fun :)
will let you know if i find a link of the other entries. if such exists. will forward the link as well if i find where in the world of the internet they post the photo they took of jason pachecho, the contest winner. or is that winnher?
Post a Comment
<< Home